Superb Swanage


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Dorset » Swanage
August 30th 2007
Published: September 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

After taking the lorry out early morning on Friday Wayne headed to work and I had a snooze. We drove down to Swanage on Friday afternoon, and for once had a good run. We met the gang in town for some dinner at the pub at 8ish and had a good chat. We woke early on Saturday for Breakfast at 7am before heading to the Pier.

It was a bit of a rush kitting up as we were very close to the dive site. We all rolled off the boat to dive the Cantaran a broken up wreck, very pretty - we even saw a cuttlefish. We came back in to shore after the first dive, Wayne and I had a nap on a bench as were still a bit tired, and an ice cream woke us up before dive 2. Our second dive was a drift, Wayne and I found 4 scallops mmmmmm. We went to the BnB had a wash and change and headed back to town.

We both had yummy Crab Louis salads and pottered around the shops, lovely! We met the gang at the pub for a few drinks. I got brrrrrr cold so went back to the BnB for a bigger jumper. I came back just in time to move to the restaurant over the road, an Italian. Our table was ready by 9.30pm and we all had lovely dinner before walking home ready for a good nights sleep.

Breakfast was at 7.30am so we had a bit more of a lie in. Back to the Pier and out to sea to dive the Kyarra, a big wreck. Wayne and I had a fantastic dive, lots of crabs and lobsters!! We decided in our break to go back for more yummy salad as it was so good before, and had a lovely time again!! Back on the boat and off we went to dive the Fleur de Lyss, a little wooden wreck very close to the harbour. We drifted off after seeing the whole wreck and found another 4 scallops!!! Flat sea and sun all weekend! How lucky!

Everyone headed there separate ways when we had unloaded the boat. Wayne and I headed to New Place - a Devere Venue in Hampshire. We checked in, and decided after a bit of a rest to have a swim, potter round the ground (lovely woods) watched a bit of a cricket game before dinner. The restaurant was shut so we made do with the café- glad I had a big lunch as my dinner was a bit small!! We had a couple of drinks before turning in.

Monday - Bank Holiday!!! We woke up, swam, had breakfast and checked out. We drove home a scenic route, stopping at an old Abbey ruin, tried to find a Fort (eventually found it closed!) and then visited Charles Darwin’s house ‘Down House’ for a sandwich. The house was lovely and had a nice big garden. It was a lovely way to come home, making use of our English Heritage membership.

We got in and after going shopping I cooked the scallops up. We had crab terinne (curtousy of Tesco) with toast followed by Scallops. They were delicious, taglietelli, cream, prawns, onion, garlic and 4 yummy scallops each!

What a lovely end to a beautiful weekend.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.293s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 22; qc: 93; dbt: 0.0985s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb