Summer frolics in Dorset


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Dorset » Bridport
May 31st 2023
Published: May 31st 2023
Edit Blog Post

What a delight that the cold wind eased and Bridport and surrounds pulled out all stops to greet us and the daughter and partner interlopers! I booked a sauna at Seatown for us at the beach which turned out to be a great hit and although I was ridiculed for pronouncing quite loudly that the last time I'd been in a sauna had been in Norway above the Arctic circle a good time was had by all after the guffawing had died down.

Yes, the water was cold but, as you may know, you hardly feel it after a sauna, although the race down to the sea was rather challenging due to the pebbles and the lack of water shoes. Three cold water dunks later we called it a day and retired to the pub for a drink and a very healthy bowl of mussels. Next up was a beach rest at Burton Bradstock where we lay reading on towels while the dog attempted to dig herself to Australia although she seemed to have missed the point that we were right there with her!

My daughter was so hoping for a maypole dance which had been promised at the Charter Fair that the substitute spectacle of Morris dancing sent her quickly to the cider tent. What a weekend!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.228s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 27; qc: 108; dbt: 0.1244s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb