TMW - Dunstone to Wembury


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Devon
April 22nd 2022
Published: April 22nd 2022
Edit Blog Post

Well today was the day, the last section of our TMW walk, Wembury here we come!.. just hold this plastic bag first incase Paul is sick without making it out the tent! That’s right, Paul woke up in the middle of last night not feeling great, and this morning, rushed off to the toilet to be sick. He returned briefly, managing to get changed, only to head back up to the toilet to be sick again… could it be the water (it is from a hose pipe they use for the horses) or more likely the pasty we bought in ivybridge yesterday afternoon and didn’t eat til late; we also had different flavour pasties so the only thing different for me & Paul and I was feeling ok.

Either way, it wasn’t a great start, but while Paul monitored the toilet, I finished up packing the tent & bags, and we slowly but steadily ventured back up the roads to rejoin the TMW track, knowing we may need to call the Evac team to come & collect if needed. But managing some bits of food and water, taking some paracetamol and having a surprisingly motivating conversation with a pleasant old lady, (and having an amazing & patient wife) Paul soon found some spring in his step and hiked on enough to get to a cafe in Yealmpton (Neil’s) and enjoy a coffee & tea cake. Still feeling a little dodgy, with his whole body now feeling tired & achey, but better then this morning and knowing how close we were, Paul wanted to keep going, and so we did.

Bit by bit, step by step, country road after road, field after field, woodland track after river path, rest stop after rest stop, until we made it! A final 17.62 km and 424m elevation done. It may have been one of the hardest days of the trail according to Paul, but we made it. Wembury has never looked more beautiful to us then today, in all of its sunny & breezy glory, as we took our sweaty & achey feet out of the boots and into the ice cold sea. Icecream and a cold drink to hand, we did it!

All 198.23 km and 4771m elevation of it ????☀️

Ps.thanks mum&dad for picking us up & dropping us home ?


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb