Ghost Tours and Devil’s stones


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Devon » Holsworthy
April 30th 2010
Published: May 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Friday 30.4.2010 day 198
Ghost Tours and Devil’s stones
Today we went on a ghost tour with our resort to Shebbear there is a devil stone there that was ether dropped out of the devils pocked when he came to earth or he though the stone at the nearby church and missed. The stone appeared on the 10th of November 1616 and each year on this date 6 church bell ringers turn the stone over with the whole village looking on. The stone is turned to keep the devil away. After looking at the stone we went into the nearby church. The church was locked and when we found someone to open it for us they told us that the church was locked due to someone going into the church and turning all the heaters on and up to the highest level, so they turned the heaters off and locked the church up. When we got in the heaters where all on and turned up it was very hot! We were told all the history of the 12 centaury church and had a good look around before going over to the local Pub the Devils stone Inn. It is said to be the 12th haunted place in Brittan. We had lunch at the pub and it was a fantastic pub lunch but we did not see any ghosts. That night we went to the club for entertainment and did the quiz which included a name that song part of the quiz we came equal first in the quiz so we’re very happy with that. After that they made us play a game of bingo. Then they played dog races after that the entertainment started to sing it was not so good so we went home then.




Additional photos below
Photos: 50, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0212s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb