History Talk about Woodford Bridge’s


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Devon » Holsworthy
April 29th 2010
Published: May 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Thursday 29.4.2010 day 197
History Talk about Woodford Bridge’s
Today we went to a talk and cream tea about the hotel we are staying in. The hotel was original a house for the bridge keeper to live in. It was built in the 12th century as more people stared to use the road it became a inn in the 15th century and has remained a inn ever sense. There is supposed to be a number of ghosts in the place including a man his wife and daughter who were killed at the inn. The staff says that there is a ghost in the staffs quartes as well. When we got back to our house we called Qantas about a mistake they had made with our booking and found out that we could get an earlier flight out so now we have moved our flight to the 2nd of May so we only have 3 more nights in the UK. This means that we can use more of our booked accommodation in Canada we are very happy about this. We went to the resort club after dinner for the entertainment it was to be a sing along but when we got there we decided to do ten pin bowling on the wii instead. There were 4 couples so the first two played and then the second two couples were to play but the other couple went home so we ended up having to winner of the first two. It seemed a bit unfair as they had played a game before us and we had no practice but surprising we beat them but miles. It was a good day and a good night.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb