(D-4) Ground Rush


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Devon » Exmouth
June 24th 2008
Published: June 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The last few weeks have been absolutely manic. We have been rushed off our feet with last minute preparations, whilst at the same time attending numerous farewell parties and continuing to work up to the last minute. Saying our goodbyes has left us with mixed emotions. We feel sad to be leaving our family and friends but at the same time we are incredibly excited about the trip we are about to embark on. I have no doubt that our journey will be a life changing experience for both of us and will mark a new chapter in our lives.

D Day is Sunday June 29th and come rain or shine we will set off on that day from Wrexham in N Wales. On the map it looks all down hill all the way to Dover - well that’s what Joy says. Irrespective of the terrain we plan to take it fairly easy for the first few days until we have our cycling legs - due to the lack of any training this may be extended for the first few weeks! Eventually we plan to average about 50 (ish) miles a day.

Anyway tomorrow we will conduct a final final documentation check then we are ready.


Advertisement



29th June 2008

Bon Voyage and a' bientot!
Steve and Joy - good effort and what an adventure! We'll be following you all the way. Looking forward to catching up with you in KL next year. Keep the pedals turning and the Assos cream to hand! Best wishes from your very good friends Pauline and Clive

Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb