10 sights of Kiev (Ukraine) that need to be seen


Advertisement
Ukraine's flag
Europe » Ukraine » Kyiv
February 19th 2020
Published: February 19th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Imagine that a person who had never been to Kiev before came to visit you. It is not for long in the capital of Ukraine, so you are faced with a rather difficult task: to show the guest the most important thing so that he has a clear idea of ​​what the city of Kiev is like. To make your life easier, we compiled a list of 10 sights of Kiev that you need to show guests.

1. Since acquaintance with a person often begins with the exchange of business cards, we also suggest that you begin acquaintance with Kiev with the capital's “business card” - Khreschatyk. On weekends, traffic is blocked here, due to which the holiday atmosphere always reigns on the main street of Kiev. Street musicians also contribute to this, which are always in sufficient quantity here.



2. Of course, you can’t walk along Khreshchatyk without having visited the Independence Square, which has long become a symbol of Kiev. Something interesting always happens here, and on especially hot days I don’t want to leave the fountains that save people from the heat.



3. If you want to really surprise your guest, show him the House with the chimeras, all the more so from the Khreshchatyk metro station, a stone's throw from him. At the same time, you can look at the residence of the President of Ukraine - why not a tourist attraction?



4. Another place that is impossible not to visit is St. Andrew's Descent. Despite the fact that after the reconstruction it has changed a bit, the creative atmosphere still prevails here. Here you can stare at the paintings, and buy souvenirs (also you can choose some souvenirs for your grandparents at http://podarokbabushke.com/). The main thing is to look at the watch, because on Andreyevsky Descent time flies by unnoticed. It is not surprising: in addition to various exhibitions, you can see St. Andrew's Church, Richard Castle and other attractions.



5. Next to St. Andrew's Descent is the Landscape Alley - another attraction of Kiev with an original children's square, the sculptures of which have become local favorites. The alley is all the more valuable because there are not so many such quiet places to relax in the business center of Kiev.



6. Be sure to bring your guest to the Mariinsky Park! In addition to the park itself, you can see more than one attraction along the way: here is the Mariinsky Palace, and the Bridge of Lovers, the Dynamo Stadium, the monument to Vladimir, and the arch of Friendship of Peoples.



7. If you leave the Mariinsky Park from the Arsenalnaya metro station, you can walk along Lavrskaya Street and visit one of the oldest Orthodox churches in Ukraine - the Kiev Pechersk Lavra. After that, you can go to the observation platform, which is nearby, and admire the picturesque Kiev landscape.



8. If your guest is still not tired, walk with him along the hem. This ancient district is a real attraction of Kiev. You can order one of the many excursions, or you can just walk along the old streets and streets, imbued with the spirit of old Kiev.



9. One of the most popular places in Kiev is Sofia Square in the city center. St. Sophia Cathedral and the monument to Bogdan Khmelnitsky are definitely worth it to show the capital's guest!



10. Well, finally, show your guest the reconstructed NSC Olimpiyskiy in all its greatness. It seems that only yesterday the football passions of EURO 2012 raged here and fans from all over the world sang songs.



Of course, these are not all the sights of Kiev, but they will forever remain in the memory of your guest, and he will definitely want to return to get to know the capital of Ukraine closer!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb