Off to Europe...The stunning trip..


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
June 21st 2014
Published: August 15th 2015
Edit Blog Post

The overseas trip out of India is as usual thrilling. We did have plans of one more foreign trip after the Sri Lanka trip . It was quite exciting throughout ! We started off from Chennai in June 2014 ... just while marking the anniversary I thought its the right time to blog on this as its long time due... The trip was covering four countries all in Europe. Started off with France, then Italy, Germany and Switzerland. It was a marvelous experience all through.

We took a flight to Dubai from Mumbai then to Charles de Gaulle, Paris landed at night 8.30 pm. Its the oldest airport and our luggage conveyor was in a corner and the very look of airport shows its quite old ! We were off the Novotel Rungus hotel. Next day Paris local tour and then to Italy by road . A bad experience of a tourist from our group of losing a hand bag, it was just snatched from her hand while just standing with the group at the hotel entrance... this was indeed shocking. She lost the passport and had to stay back in the hotel..We were really disturbed on this being the first point of our tour and such a unfortunate incident. Are tourists safe ? This left me with a fear as we had to spend two more days in France !

The coach and the driver were both pretty good as were the roads.The first leg of the trip was in and around Paris. A city full of art and architecture. The cities and places covered in short were Paris,Champs Elysees, Arc de Triomphe. While there’s no doubt that walking the Champs Elysees is one of the most important things to do in Paris, it’s still worth the stroll. The cost of a T shirt and cargo pants was around Euro 700 ! From the Arc de Triomphe to the shops and attractions there’s quite a bit to do. Arenes De Lutece - Tucked away among cramped modern streets, the remains of the Roman amphitheatre are well worth a passing look. Napoleans' tomb - a majestic structure with marvelous architecture.

The great Eiffel Tower ,Rhine falls - Germany, Lucerne, Lion monument, Florence,Mount Titlis, Engleberg, the Vatican, Pisa tower await for more photos as not able to select from the big treasure of snaps we shot...!

Some of them are from the coach so don't mind the ghost image behind 😊

I just want to post some photos and add more experiences later.

Continuing the tour info.. Our next stop over was Swiss with a short halt at the Rhine river at German end. The gushing falls and huge river was a lovely sight. We took a river ride and went near the falls. The climb to the top point at the falls was memorable. The old buildings along the river side and greenery allover was a refreshing sight.

Of all places we loved Engleberg at Swiss which was really enchanting. I am told Scotland is further more scenic and our plans for UK and to Scotland is in May / June 16 if all goes well..The early morning walk to the base of Titlis was wonderful. Our tour manager arranged the tickets and we were off in the rope car a thrilling ride over the Alps. It was indeed freezing when we got down and left to ourselves to roam around. Imagine the scorching weather back home in South India of 36 deg just 2 days back and now around 5-6 deg !

The visit to the Rhine falls was too good. The boat ride almost near the falls was thrilling. We could feel the water spraying over us. The gushing waters from the rocky surface was a amazing sight. The climb up to the view point was awesome and we could have an wide angle view of the entire falls.



Cheers,

Ramz.


Additional photos below
Photos: 73, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.204s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0652s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb