Lucerne to Rapperswil


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
July 13th 2014
Published: July 13th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today's ride was the toughest yet and I'm so happy to have made it. The weather was wonderful today- sunny and cool with a few warmer periods making it easy to layer on the downhills and dress for the heat on the uphills. It was a very long ride today- around 100 K with several tough climbs. On the top of every climb though was a beautiful view and there were many great panoramic views. Today I enjoyed the riding along lakes, then rivers and through the farm fields with the beautiful houses. I saw deer, rabbits, cows (with cow bells) and even llamas today. At times during the ride you would know that the nearby farmers' cows were on the move by the cow bells ringing.

We had a morning coffee break river side and lunch was picnic style at a park by the lake. Our afternoon break was at a large abbey in Einsiedein which was absolutely gorgeous. We got to cross two big bridges today, both right across lakes which was really fun. The first was nice because it was nice and quiet but the second had quite a bit of traffic as well as constructions to avoid.

Because it was such a long day today we didn't have much time to explore Rapperswil but the city looks very nice- lots of old buildings lining cobblestone streets. It is across the lake from Zurich



Pictures to come soon!

K & M

Advertisement



13th July 2014

love this!
just wanted to let you know i'm following along :-) your trip sounds challenging but really awesome!! i'm loving the pictures!

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb