First Night In Interlaken


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
September 2nd 2011
Published: September 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Earlier this afternoon we left Riva as soon as Finance class was over. Our train to Interlaken left at 1:15 and we planned to arrive around 6:30. We had to transfer trains in both Zurich and Bern on our 5 hour trip but unfortunately we did not get to see much of either city (leave it for another day). The scenery from the train was great it included mountains, rivers, lakes, and occasional farm land. I knew i was close when a mountain appeared to the right with a white cap. It is nearly impossible to describe how big this mountain was and I am sorry to inform you that my pictures will not do it justice either.

When we arrived today it quickly turned into the blame game as we realized no one had brought the directions to get to our hostel. We also quickly realized that our Italian that we have been learning the past year would not be of any assistance because everything was in German! Nevertheless we ended up safely at Balmers (our hostel). We reserved a 9 man dormitory for the 9 guys that made the trip. I know, I know this sounds miserable but actually our room was very large with plenty of space. It was funny to see in the lobby signed posters of both President Clinton and President George Bush Sr..

That is about all to say about our first night. We are just hanging out and going to bed early so we can make the most out of our first day tomorrow.

Goodnight
Love you guys


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.278s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.1919s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb