more skiing !!


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Verbier
February 27th 2009
Published: February 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello,

sorry for the delay in posting, but i had to take a week off to go home and see my Dad. Thank you for all the well wishes - he's at home now and doing well, even if the doctors did recommend 2 x 15min walks a day to recuperate!! (for those of you that don't get it he has to use a wheelchair to get around alot of the time so 15 min walks are out of the question - you'd think they might have noticed that in the hospital!!)
it was my mums birthday while i was at home so i got to eat birthday cake and do some celebrating as well.

anyway i'm back in Verbier and there's been a bit going on.

Abi came to visit for a few days and did some snowboarding with me and phil - the weather wasn't great but i think she wished she could have stayed longer. Looking forward to the next visitors - though it was kind of squashed with only one extra person and she's pretty petite!!!

Phil has finally taken me out and taught me to ski - yes that's right BOTH of us out on skis !!! and contrary to popular opinion i wasn't like Bambi on ice i was actually pretty good - we even did a black run to get back home at the end of the day (very short bit but still a black!!) so now phil is worried that he'll have to buy me some ski boots - Crossley Tordoffs here we come !!! It was Amandas birthday too so we went out for some fondue - cheese lovely cheese !!!

i also did a little teaching and took Amanada (the chef from descent) out for a snowboarding lesson - we didn't make it off the baby slope but she was pretty good so all you visitors who want to learn will have a lot to live up to.

so now i have a great head cold and a sore throat - but it's ok as phil is the one not sleeping due to my snoring all night. But hopefully i'll be fighting fit soon and back on the slopes.

take care
Flic, Phil and the girls


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



27th February 2009

15 mins of fame!!
Just how tickled will mum, dad & Isobel be with their photos appearing on your blog for the whole WWW to see!! Glad you got back safe & sorry about the cold - the girls probably gave you it!! See you again soon! F1 xxx

Tot: 0.271s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb