SNOW !!!


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Verbier
January 19th 2009
Published: January 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello all,

So some of you - Charlotte and John - will be very pleased to know it's absolutely dumping it down with snow here. After a couple of false starts and the weather men changing their minds it finally started snowing yesterday afternoon and its still going. It doesn't look like it will stop today so we should have a good covering over what was getting a bit sparse.

We managed a full day snowboarding on Saturday which was nice. Yesterday Phil was working but we went with him to Zermatt and i did a spot of shopping. There was a curling tournament on in town which was crazy. Zermatt is a nice place but cars aren't allowed and so you have to take the train up from a near by town which is a pain. I did manage to get some presents for myself with the money i got from Descent doing a taxi job for a manager and as a treat because Phil went to Meribel the other weekend. So i was very happy. For those of you RVC almuni i managed to find a bar called Potters Bar which i had to have a hot chocolate in. (See pictures)

Work is going well but i am finishing at the end of feb. Which is a shame but it means i'll be free all day for any of you that are visiting so we'll have fun. (everyone will start canceling their flights now so they don't have to spend all day with me!!!) The sky is a work in progress - we went from having channel 5 and itv to having sky 1 2 and 3 and all the sky sports - which is important when the 6 nations starts but some will be on bbc1 so we'll need to fix it!!

The girls are enjoying the fresh snow - they get a sort of snow mania and charge around in it. I've already stapled up one of the neighbours dogs who cut themselves, but it earned me some wine and champagne so i don't mind.

Hope everyone is well
take care
P and F xx

PS - charlotte and john i've found your chalet it is just around the corner from us, its got some very steep steps so you should love them in your ski boots!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.032s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0161s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb