Dont Make me Run im full of chocolate.


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Lauterbrunnen
September 24th 2009
Published: September 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I am actually back in Frnace now having just returned from our 3 day stint in Switzerland. Let me just say WOW. Switzerland is the most beautiful place by far. I made up their motto "Keep It Green Keep It Clean". They Recycle everything etc. and there is no rubbish anywhere and its just wow... green and lush.

Before i get to that though i shall retrace my past week since Nice the first (im in Nice again for a night, just passing through).
After our rainy day in Nice/ Monaco we hopped aboard the busabout bus and headed to our next destination which was Milan. We had been told there wasnt much to do. In the words of Lonely Planet "Milan is not good for budget travllers and does not lend itseld to idle wandering of streets" or something along those lines... so we were wondering. First afternoon we headed into town and had a look around the main square. With all the big brand shops etc. We also found out that there was a football match on the next day so we purchased some cheap tickets. Having now a deadline of 3pm kickoff, we headed into town early that morning to see the Duomo. The one in Milan is the biggest Gothic Cathedral in the world and took more than 900 years to build!
With that site under our belt we rushed off to the supermarket then got on the train then bus to the stadium.
Okay so we knew we had bought the cheapest tickets but at the football this means they do not want to give you the chance to sneak lower. We had to run up this ramp that was REALLY high and it spiralled round about 15 times. then once at the top we had to find our seats. And the lower tiers were glassed off. Nothing like the G where you can just waltz up and down the steps... We still werent too far away though which was good.

AC Milan vs. Bologna What an experience. The first half went with no score so the pressure was on. There were a few pansy injury time outs where the player got stretchered off then ran straight back on after a second. which we thought was weak compared to AFL come on!! Anyway. When Milan scored the crowd went NUTS! the cheer squad let off some kind of smoking bright orange flare. and yellign and whistleing... actually the whistleing happened alot during the game which got a little annoying i must admit! one problemo.. half time smoking. There is no designated smoking area just like most of europe and inside the stadium you could literally see a thick cloud of smoke it was DISGUSTING!! All in all a very exciting experience.
Also the morning of the game when we had gone into the main square there was a ferrari convention of some kind, awesome! my camera was flat so i dont have any photos but ill try and grab some from the others. there were about 100, mostly red, ferraris and i saw a charcoal lambourghini.. all revving their engines and what not.

So thats Milan done i think. just let me think..... Yep thats pretty much it. We had McDonalds after the 30 minute walk home from the football. And the next morning we waited till 2 pm for the bus and Jess taught me how to make friendship bracelets with thread. which she learnt at summer camp.



Milan to Lauterbrunnen
More bus time. Got in around 7pm and bummed for a little but in our wooden cabin. Then we went to the campsite restaurant and i had a traditional Swiss Rosti. Its just a giant plateful of potato fritter and i had bacon and eggs on top 😊 mmm deelish!
First day in Switzerland.. We walked into town and looked at some of the shops. Swatch. Swiss Army Knives etc. Chocolate! ARGH!! and then did a walk up tp the waterfall. they have tunneled along so you can walk right up behind it. Spectacular views from here.
Day 2 Switzerland. We woke at 6 and caught the early bird train at 7 to Jungfrau. which is the highest railway station in Europe. It was AWESOME! quite cold to begin with but then it warmed to about 2 degrees. Our highest point was 11.600 feet or something crazy like that. But i can now say that i have walked slash hiked some snowy swiss alps at that altitude. We also went into the Ice Palace which was cold. And i almost did my groin. I was pretending to iceskate with my normal shoes and well we shall leave it there. Because we got the cheaper early train we had to catch the 12.30 noon train back down. So we did. Then we grabbed some bread swiss cheese and Avocado and had sandwiches before Jess Jessie and I headed over to Tummelbauch falls. It was a lovely walk. We saw some people in traditional dress walking their cows with the bells and flowered head dresses. And then the falls.
They were breathtaking (im trying to give a bit of variety in my adjectives so bare with me). 20000 litres of water per second through this one fall from some of the major surrounding moutains. They were loud!
Oh and relating to the title of this piece. On the first Swiss day i think i polished off a block to myself. They are smaller than home okay! and had a lot of Toblerone on the second day. plus a mini dark choc orange lindt block as well. But as they say "when in Switzerland" 😊 I am rather tired right now and struggling to remember what we have done. and also struggling to write properly. Even though today was just bus day. It is super tiring being on a bus from 8 am to 7 pm. Especially when the guide doesnt get the DVDs off the other guide so you are DVDless. But i bought a rubix cube, and am already rather frustrated and have looked on the internet at possible steps to completion. its going to take a while but I WILL DO IT!!!

Did i write last time that i have booked my flight to Copenhagen and my train from London to Paris. Well i have! SO im very excited.
I hope everyone has fun on grand final day and we are going to try to locate a sports bar in Avignon somewhere. And again with the photos. im sorry but they will just have to wait unless you hit up facebook. As i really need to hit the sack.
Another bus day tomorrow this time only half day though which is nice. Then into Spain after the weekend!
xoxo.

Advertisement



30th October 2009

Rubix Cube
Get Tom to show you when you get home - he can do it in under three minutes!

Tot: 0.266s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb