Jungfrau!


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Interlaken
September 28th 2006
Published: October 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Our France stop ended in Nice which turned out to be not so nice! It was ok and we got a bit of sun but a bit overrated! They dont even have sand on the beach so you have to lay on rocks!!

So after our trip to the French Riviera we decided to see Switzerland.

First stop Geneva. Hmmm well it nearly cost the country our company!! We were ready to head out of there and go straight to Italy but we caught a train to a beautiful place called Interlaken. We arrived to snow top mountains and the ringing of cow bells in the park.

This was enough to win us over for a few nights. We watched our train to Florence pass by as we organised some where to sleep and our next days activities!

We went on an amazing train ride up the mountain to Jungfrau - which they call the Top of Europe. It was so beautiful with snow all over it as we passed through villages of wooden chalets. Unfortunately the weather wasnt the best so we couldnt do any outside activities. The Huskies didnt want to run in the high winds!?!

The scenery was absolutely the best we have seen and one we will not forget so it was worth staying. It was rather cold up there, especially in the ice palace. It was like walking through a glacier. At one stage it was -3 degrees!

While we were in the land of Chocolate we decided to make the most of it with a choc fondue for dinner!!!!

Interlaken can boast not only about being the most beautiful place but that they have the best tasting beer in the world!! We were both hooked on Raugen brau! So a toast to Interlaken for being a great host!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Ice PalaceIce Palace
Ice Palace

Can you tell how cold it is??
Ice BarIce Bar
Ice Bar

Any hot drinks??


Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0173s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb