Ciao


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
October 1st 2006
Published: October 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

From beautiful Switzerland to Florence!

Well what a contrast! We cant say we had a lot to take photos of here but we managed to get a few that gave it a good impression.

We cut our visit short and headed for Rome via Pisa.

Seeing the Leaning Tower was a great experience although it was a little smaller than we expected - but we are short people!

Roma Italia here we come! Rome was a city for sightseeing... on a bus! There were people everywhere and crazy drivers. The ruins are great to see because its crazy to think that a whole other city exists under the new one. You get to see where they are still digging right in the middle of intersections.

The Colloseum was excellent. You never can take in what it is you are actually looking at because its so unbelievable. The Romans decided they liked us so we had a photo with them.

We also went to the Vatican at St Peters Basilica and the Sistine Chapel. We always end up in places at the strangest of times but there was a ceremony thing going on and we saw the Pope!! He blessed our bread so we had to eat it. Michaelangelos paintings were amazing to see on the ceiling and the whole experience was very touching.

We ended our stay at the Hard Rock Cafe with a big feast and headed to the airport for our flight to Athens.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

PriestsPriests
Priests

Sorry its a bit blurry
Big feed at Hard Rock CafeBig feed at Hard Rock Cafe
Big feed at Hard Rock Cafe

Sorry its a bit blurry
Angelos BasilicaAngelos Basilica
Angelos Basilica

Wayne trying to be a part of Michaelangelos artwork


Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb