Acropolis now!


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens
October 8th 2006
Published: October 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone!

We know that you have been waiting to see our next blog so here it is...enjoy!

The riot police heard we were coming to Athens and they were ready for us! They wouldnt even let us down the road so that we could see the Acropolis! Little do they know that we are smart people and we just went on the bus a different way!!!

Seeing the Acropolis and theatre of Dionysis was as amazing as we had imagined and hoped it to be. It is a great feeling to be amongst buildings that we have been looking at in pictures for so long. We had tried to catch a taxi there but we couldnt work out how you get one to stop and pick you up! We soon worked out that you just stand on the edge of the road shouting out where you want to go and they decide if they want to go there. They even let you just bunk in with other people!

After we had walked around the whole of Athens we went for a traditional Greek meal at a lovely cafe. We had souvalaki and salad. Following along down the road we came across a small souvenir shop so we went in.

Boy was that a mistake!!!!! We found a man in there that loved Australians and was very bored. He was pinching our cheeks and kissing us all the time. He instantly loved us (but who doesnt) and gave us a lucky penny because we were such nice people. But then just when we thought it was all over... he starts dressing us up and taking photos of us in our Greek clothes!!! He told us that Wayne looked more Greek than he did and that he was so handsome I should hold onto him tight when we get to Mykonos. He gave him some good advice - 'if you drop your shopping bag, dont bend over, just kick it along the ground until you get to a safe place'.

We managed to finally get away from him and continued on our venture back to the hotel. The next day we went to the travel agent to book our ferry tickets to Mykonos and while we were there we met a nice guy called Alex. He's from Sydney and was going on the same ferry as us.

We had to get up at 5am to get to the ferry and when we saw it it was like the Titanic (well not quite). The 5 hour ferry ride was softened by having Alex to talk to and then...we found friends from home!! Nad and Ped are from Rockingham and friends of the family. It was crazy to see someone you know on the other side of the world. We felt so happy because we had lots of friends now!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



20th October 2006

It's all Greek to me
Nice outfit Cherie, I hope you got one for me, we can wear it to the next Xmas party!!! I love looking at your blogs. Can't wait to see you both. XXX0000 terri
23rd October 2006

wogs
always said you were a wog wayne in your past life..... yasso.....

Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0964s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb