Switzerland days 4-7


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Interlaken » Meiringen
August 14th 2012
Published: August 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Before arriving in switzerland, we took an extreme nighttrain from amsterdam - interlaken. We were expecting a harry potter-esque train, but we had these dodgy giant claw like seats all down one of the carriages. It was pretty cool - being drunk also may have helped, and also the guy behind us playing the ukelele. After a few hours of sucessfully enjoying lots of cheap wine, we actually managed to sleep on the nighttrain, which is not what I was expecting. We then had to change as Basel, which is on the swiss german border to board our very photogenic train to Interlaken!

First we hung around the centre of the town for hours which was amazing - its so chilled out and relaxing being surrounded by all the mountains, with super clear lakes weaving through the town along with the stereotypical swiss houses and flowers. When we arrived at "Tent Village" we immediately seeked out the jacuzzi. I was definately loving life at that point. We had a kind of cheap bar there so i took advantage of that considering the prices of everything in town. Later that evening we had a BBQ with some australians and americans and had a bit of a mini party at the site which was quite cool. What made it even cooler is that it started to storm - it was very atmospheric! And also by that time it was a pleasant enough temperature to sleep, but to the delight to myself and our chinese roommates, mouses decided to invade in tent room hybrid and steal all of my bread. It was a definate multicultural bonding experience - im pretty sure china could never go to war with us now after how amazing that night was.

The next day we went to one of the lakes with the super clear water. It was pretty chillaxing! We sunbathed on this wooden platform you could climb up onto in the middle of the lake. When we got the bus back we decided to look for a place to camp in preparation for another day, so we made the sexy decision to hike up this mountain and came across these fucking dodgy haunted huts that belonged to some bitch called clara von skank. It could have easily been a scene from a slightly more mountainy version of the blair witch project. But once we hiked away from the spirit riddled area the views were pretty amazing of all the nearby towns and lakes. We also had a meal in the cheapest place we could possibly find, but it was still ridiculously expensive, but worth it!

Today we're attempting to sort our lives out and book some more of the hostels in italy and sort our trains out. Later we're staying in a new hostel with a nightclub in its basement, so tonight will probably be riddled with shame. And we should be getting a cable car up to one of the other mountains to have a hike.

Clara von Skank

Advertisement



Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 18; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb