Days 7 / 8


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Geneva
June 26th 2015
Published: June 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 7 - We traveled first class in a Bullet Train and arrived in Geneva. The Alps were as beautiful as I had imagined. The city was clean and the people are calm and friendly, compared to Paris where they seem to have no problem running over pedestrians. The items in the stores were very pretty, but very expensive. Food was also very expensive!! Visited the United Nations office where we toured the "living museum", and other pieces of unique artwork. I thought that it was very interesting to see and learn about. Then it was time to do a little bit of shopping for souveniers (better luck than we had in Paris)? Had dinner, Potato Augratin completed with Gelato for dessert, yummmmy!!?

Day 8 - The day began with a close to nine-hour bus ride. It was not as bad as you would imagine. The scenery made up for the length of the ride. I could see the top of the Alps still covered with snow, sometimes melting and forming small streams. The trip continued up into the montains to Davos, which sits 5,100 feet above sea level. We were treated to an excursion on Gondolas up a very steep incline and then walked down the other side. Next it was time for dinner with all 1500 student participants in the Global Student Leader Summit, and then we had introduction and then told about what to expect at the workshops tomorrow. Now I am about to go to sleep in beautiful Binda Hotel.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb