Day 4


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Engelberg
May 25th 2009
Published: May 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The 5 star hotel we visited today in Interlaken was beautiful! The hotel had everything to offer from a spa, three restaurants, a kindergarden, hair salon, workout facilities. The hotel is quite expensive, but it is one of the nicest hotels in Switzerland. The level of service was very high, and the staff very involved. The lunch experience was incredible. The food amazing, and the service was great. The restaurant manager was also involved with serving us, which impressed me very much that he cared enough to get involved with and make our experience the best it could be. When we visited the hospitality school I was very intrigued. Even though it is a very small school I think it woud be a great learning experience to go there and get my masters degree and also work in Switzerland. I did notice that the students have to wear uniforms which was a little surprising to me because it is a college/university and not like private high school. Also, after listening to the presentations I think the students are more serious about school than SFA students, and even American students, tend to be. The zero star hotel concept, is a brand and not a classification. It focuses more on the service quality and less on the amentities. I think it is a great idea, especially convient for travlers who dont have that much money to spend just on a bed to sleep in. Staying at a place like this would be ideal for someone wanting to backpack through europe. When you only want to stay one or two nights in a town, but dont actually plan on spending a lot of time in your hotel room. If you are wanting to travel and be in luxury, and have amazing amenties to relax, then the 5 star hotel we visited today would be a better choice than the zero star hotel brand.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0744s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb