Day 5 MOUNT TITLIS!


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Engelberg
May 26th 2009
Published: May 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today we went to the top of Mount Titlis (10,000 FEET!). It was a whole lot of fun. To get to the top of the mountain there were three different lifts to take you to the top. The 1st was a 6-person cable car that had two stops. At the second stop you would get off and get onto a bigger car that didn't have seats. It had bars and handles that you hang onto. Once you got to the next stop, you get on the worlds first revolving cable car, which holds up to 80 people. The ski resort had a restaurant, photoshop, and giftshop. It also included a glacier cave, which had different colored lighting and music. Once we got to the top we then took a chair lift to the snow park, were we got to go tubing. We spent lots of time having snowball fights, sliding, and just have fun in the snow. I would think that global warming is a huge issue for this resort because they do make 60% of revenue during the winter months. This issue was not disscussed in the presentation we listened to. We ate lunch at the restaurant, and is was slimpy AMAZING! Spaghetti noodles, with three different sauces were brought out. One chili type meat sauce, a tomato sauce, and an alfredo sauce w/ mushrooms and chicken. It was prob. my favorite meal I have had since I've been here. The weather started to get bad so we only had about 20 mins. at the snow park. Also, while we were on the chair lift, in the middle of the ride, the lift stopped and we sat there for a good 5-7 mins. Afterwards, I found out that a small child fell while trying to get on the life and was hanging on to the bottom of it. I was scared enough sitting in a ski lift, no telling how many feet above the GLACIER below me, and the wind was rocking us back and forth. Even though I was scared I am very proud of myself for getting on the lift.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0619s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb