Day 3


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Engelberg
May 24th 2009
Published: May 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today we visited a cheese making facility, and it was amazing! Hans IV was very well prepared and knew exactly how to explain everything. He gave us great step-by-step instructions on how he makes his cheese. He also had pictures ready to show. Being able to see the cheese being made and then tasting some of the cheese made from that same equipment was an awesome experience. It really was heartwarming to see how happy Hans IV was with his life as a cheese maker. It had been a family business and he continues on with the tradition. Dairy is very important in the Swiss culture. Not only does it boost the economy but it also has roots in the Swiss tradition. All of the Swiss cattle wear bells around their necks. This is so that the villagers can hear the cows coming up and down the mountain. After visiting the cheese making facility we traveled to Luzern to taking a walking tour of the city. We started our tour on the Chapel bridge, and learned all about the history of the city, how it was started and the present day statistics. I believe that Luzern is accessible to foreign tourists, because it is a very easy city to navigate. There are many maps, money exchange, and tourist help things that I saw while walking.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb