20th Aug - Lugano (written by Daniel)


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-East » Lugano
August 24th 2008
Published: August 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

View of lakeView of lakeView of lake

In our camping ground
How yowl doing? Splendid I trust.
We are still in the land of cheese, chocolate, watches, clocks and pretty red army knives with white crosses on them. Today was hot again. I went for a swim in the lake by our camp site this morning and completely dried out in about 40mins, shorts and all. We decided that we should spend some time doing washing, drying washing, sorting photos and updating our blog which was about 5 days behind as we have a free hot spot at this camping ground. Wonderful!! However, by the time we did all that it was 3pm and we were planning on doing some sightseeing today too. But never fear one and all, we still went anyway. We pilled in to our trusty focus and roared off into the midday heat. We spent the remainder of the day wandering around Lugano. Switzerland strikes me as neat and orderly. The people are generally friendly and the driving is vastly more subdued and considerate than in Italy. We found the central shopping area and had a gander around the various stores and stalls. There were masses of watches and Swiss army knives amongst other equally flash and expensive things. Lugano is a fairly expensive place to buy anything, we decided, even the food was pretty steep. We did manage to find a shop which specialized in knives and was a little cheaper than others we’d seen, so we went in and got Monique her very own pink Swiss army knife and the guy in the shop sharpened mine for me for free! Sweet as! At the end of the day we went to bed and all you lot in NZ got up.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Daniel & wineDaniel & wine
Daniel & wine

A 5L bottle for only 7.40 Euros - unreal!


Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb