Zurich to Chur


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-East » Chur
June 25th 2007
Published: June 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hostel RoomHostel RoomHostel Room

This is our very simple hostel room in Zurich
Well, as I write this, Nick and I are held up in our two-man dome tent listening to the pounding rain, wind and thunder. The day started off great, not to say that it’s ending bad, it’s just another experience.
We started off our day by having a free breakfast at the hostel. We were the first ones down to the dining area because our jet lag wouldn’t let us sleep any longer. Oddly enough, there were two other Americans sharing the room with us.
After breakfast, we headed out to see the few sight in Zurich. It took us longer to find where we parked our car then it did to see the sights. But that was good; we got to see a lot of the city by foot.
After finding our car, we headed south for Chur, Switzerland. The 1.5-hour drive went great except for the first couple minutes when I turned the wrong way down a one-way street. The people were very nice about my mistake; they were all waving at me and cheering me on (at least I think they were cheering). After leaving Zurich, the drive was a nice and scenic one up through the
BMWBMWBMW

Real bikers ride BMWs (it's an inside joke)
mountains.
After reaching Chur, we set up camp and went shopping for food. The market was somewhat confusing and I was surprised at the high prices for everything.
After that, we returned back to camp for dinner and we’re now enjoying the rainstorm.
Let’s hope for better weather tomorrow, because we’re going hiking in the Alps.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

TruckTruck
Truck

Right before Nic got hit by the truck
SignSign
Sign

One of the many confusing road signs
ZurichZurich
Zurich

The view of Zurich from the top of a thousand year old tower!


25th June 2007

Cool
Hey Matt!Too bad it rained. Don't be driving around there like you do here on the golf carts or you may be in a bit of trouble :) this is the coolest way to share your travels, this way I can be touring Europe while I sit here on my buttocks in the office!
25th June 2007

internet access
Hey if you sit long enough on people doorsteps to get access maybe they will invite you in to stay, because you are such nice "American tourists"! Tell them you can take their pic and put them on your "World Famous Blog"!
25th June 2007

Beautiful!
Matt, Awesome views of your trip-well, not the one where Nic almost gets creamed. Too bad you can't import some of that rain to us! Hey, what kind of squash is growing in the garden? There's like a gazillion of them on it. Take care and stay dry!
28th June 2007

BMW
I got the inside joke!

Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1006s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb