Magical Lucerne


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-West » Lucerne
May 22nd 2006
Published: May 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

LucerneLucerneLucerne

It's absolutely beautiful here!
As we have a 2 night stay, Todd and I sleep in and miss breakfast. We don’t mind…the extra hour sleep is worth it.

The sun is shining and it’s warm in Lucerne today. We walk around the streets looking at shops. Prices are not that expensive here! It’s just about the same as back home. We buy a hotdog and coke to share and sit by the lake till our day trip to Mt Titlis begins.

The drive to Engleberg takes 20 mins from Lucerne. From there we catch a series of cable cars to the top of Mt Titlis. It’s just like the postcards and pictures I’ve seen. Actually it’s better! The first thing we do is play in the snow. Well Todd played more throwing snowballs and climbing a big hill. I take photos and admire the view. It’s a windy day so we can’t go on the iceflyer optional ride. The snow is so soft! Softer than any other snow I’ve touched. Imagine a slurpee spilled all over the mountain (minus the flavoring of course!). We go inside and have some lunch. Todd’s hands are numb from throwing snowballs. We order 2 x “Deal 5”
Mt TitlisMt TitlisMt Titlis

Snow in May!
meals. It’s a sausage with sauce and fries. We don’t know what it’s called but it was very tasty! It’s also the biggest sausage we’ve ever seen! Slightly getting lost from the group on the cable cars we are on the bus and back to Lucerne by 4pm.

We dump our stuff back at the hotel and go out shopping. The shops are open till 6.30 and some souvenir shops open till 10.30. We buy some cowbells, Swiss army knives and other Switzerland themed things. We then bump into Floris (sp?) having a beer at the pub so join her for a drink. She’s about 45 and is the life of the tour. Originally from Mauritius she moved to Australia about 18 years ago. She’s an Accountant, really friendly, loves her beer and loves to party! The German waitress stands close to us listening to us speak. She says she likes to hear us speak English so she can improve hers. She teaches us some German words before we leave.

For dinner we decide to stay in and have Mi Goreng (instant noodles). We stop by the grocery store and get some bread and soft drinks. Luckily they
Mt TitlisMt TitlisMt Titlis

Todd's hands were numb from throwing snowballs!
accept Euros at most places as our Swiss Francs are just about spent. We didn’t really change much knowing that we’d only be there for 2 nights.

I have now perfected making Mi Goreng using our mini kettle and plastic bowls we bought from Singapore. All in all for dinner we had only spent 4.95 Swiss francs. Bargain!

After dinner we watch a movie on my laptop - “Just Friends”. Bringing the laptop to Europe has really paid off.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Meal Deal #5Meal Deal #5
Meal Deal #5

Told you it was big!


30th May 2006

Immature
Hehehehe, "Mt. Titlis"

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb