Next Saga


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-West » Berne
August 12th 2008
Published: August 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well, yesterday we went for a really lovely walk for 2 1/2 hours. (yep, we actually walked that long - US!!!) It was really scenic and surrounded by mountains and waterfalls.

Then we were told that the van would be ready for collection in France at 4.00 so we set off lunchtime and got to the garage with 1/2 hour spare. BAD NEWS AGAIN.....they had ordered the wrong starter motor so it hadn´t been done. All that driving for nothing. We got a few bits we needed out of the van and, as it was raining in France we decided to head back to Switzerland and find another place to stay.

This morning we are doing some well needed laundry and whilst the washing is being done, we're having a hot chocolate and checking emails. The view from here is amazing - mountains, swiss chalets and waterfalls, not bad for a launderette huh??

Today we are going to head off to Lake Maggiore in the hire car and try to find a static mobile home in a camp site - hotels getting expensive. AA are supposed to be searching for the correct part and letting us know more but, nothing so far. oh well, life goes on.....

Geoff's phone just rang (spooky).....The AA have said they can't get the part in France and they can only find a reconditioned Starter Motor which won´t get here till Wed next week. We can continue with our holiday and either get the van sent to the UK for repairs or wait for the part, get it repaired in France and they will pay for someone to come back and collect the van if we are back in the UK by then. We may just get the van sent home to a garage we know specialises in Air Cooled engines. Decisions Decisions.......

UPDATE: OK, we rang VW City in Portsmouth and they can fix the van no probs so we are sending him home 😞 No good trying to wait for a part here when it may not be the right one (again). We're going to carry on with the hols.....without the van.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb