Interlaken - Switzerland


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-West » Berne
August 10th 2008
Published: August 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

LauterbrunnenLauterbrunnenLauterbrunnen

Lovely place!
Well, by Friday, we'd had quite enough of France so we decided to drive down to Switzerland in the hire car for the day!

WOW!!!! Berne was lovely (the old town) and then we went onto Interlaken - amazing! Long drive there and back but well worth it.

AA called to say the van was getting a new starter Motor on Monday so we decided to leave France for the weekend and find a place to stay in Interlaken.

Saturday - check out of France and go back to Switzerland.

Stayed in a lovely hotel called Silberhorn which looks so pretty. Interlaken area is spectacular!!!! Surrounded by the Alps and 72 Waterfalls, the place we stayed was in Lauterbrunnen. Never have I ever seen a place like it.

Today we went up Mount Jungfrau in a couple of mountain trains. 2 1/2 hours each way and a lot of dosh but well worth every penny and every minute!!!

Snow peaked mountains, waterfalls, sunshine and the best views in Europe! In fact they call it the top of Europe!!! Me and Geoff had the best Indian food ever and it was at the top! Not like
Mount JunfrauMount JunfrauMount Junfrau

Just sooo many fab pics - how can I choose which one to add??????
anything from an Indian restaurant - this was REAL indian food!! WOWEEEE!

What can I say - today was the best day so far!!

Geoff is hoping to drive back up to France to pick up Ollie tomorrow (when the AA tell us he is fixed) and then he will bring him back so we can camp one night here before heading off over the Grimsel Pass (hopefully!!!!) and down towards Italy.....

Watch this space..............


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0236s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb