Italy - Finally!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Lake Garda
August 16th 2008
Published: August 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Lake GardaLake GardaLake Garda

Me posing by the lake
Well, we finally made it to Italy!!!

Booked into a really nice campsite at the Southern tip of Lake Garda. Campsite is called camping San Francesco and there's a fair bit to do here.

We are staying in a large mobile home which normally sleeps up to 7 people and it is about 100 yards from the lake.

On Thursday Geoff hired a speedboat and took us on the lake for an hour which was great fun and Adam had a go at steering too.

Adam loves the large swimming pool here and I just love the fact that the weather is V hot and I am actually getting a tan! Been some good storms in the evening too. (oh and then there's the fab food mmmmMMMMmmmmmm)

Yesterday I got my culture fix and went to a lovely place called Lazise. It's a well preserved medievil town surrounded by a huge cobblestone wall and it's right on the lake, nice but not Geoff and Adams cup of tea!

Today we're gonna just chill around the area, go to the pool and try to plan our journey back. We leave Italy tomorrow and are now searching
In the poolIn the poolIn the pool

Everyone had to wear lovely swimming caps!!!
the net for a route North. Maybe Austria, Germany then back across to France, depending on accommodation.

Travelling back to Le Harve so we can get the Ferry to Portsmouth. Taking the French hire car home and then dropping back to Avis at the ferryport. Handy!

The camper won't be back in the UK for at least another week, we think. Poor thing!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



6th September 2008

Knicker nicker!
I forgot to mention in this blog, my knickers were nicked!!! Put a load in the washing machine then went to the pool. When we returned, I popped back to the laundry area and our wet washing was on the top of the machine in a soggy pile. I stuffed it in a bin bag and then went back to the Caravan to hang it up. It wasn't till I'd finished that I remembered I'd put some undies in there...they were missing (along with a bikini top)! Went back to the laundry room in case they'd dropped on the floor but no sign. They were never seen again!!!

Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb