Competition Day ????


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
June 18th 2007
Published: June 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Oh my goodness we awoke to a certified Alarm Clock at 7.20am instead of the natural arousal of ones self. We had to go to Piedrahita for Matt to resister as a competitor and wait the briefing arriving with the other 139 pilots. Briefing involved a welcome, introduction and the laying out of the day’s activities. Matt was given registration number 299 (as you can see form the given number quite a few pilots DNA). Very shortly afterwards they began the task of “parawaiting” for the uninitiated a term pilots use that means waiting around for the right weather conditions to take off and any other activity involving them not being able to fly. This happened to be awaiting the arrival of the bus to collect the competitors to take them up the 10km to “take off”. Matt’s particular bus was at 10.15am in Spanish time however that means “whenever” 11am it arrived. Kiss Goodbye, Fly safe Adios Matt.
Matt informed me that the ride up the hill seemed to take forever almost stopping at every corner and inching its way forward to take off. Matt meet be the first bus load already encamped in the hillside “parawaiting” for the
ohh that looks wrongohh that looks wrongohh that looks wrong

ladies please avert your gaze... :-)
official announcement to be made to advise the pilots what “task” (the official directions and turn points and Goal the pilots were to achieve) weather dependant at this stage.. Meanwhile Lyds made her way to the town square and strolled around the local shops coming out each time with a new Spanish phase to add to the extending vocab. Cafe stop was in order for a coffee and a soak in the sun. Back up hill the weather was still no good, time frame set to re visit at 12pm, more parawaiting. 12pm came the announcement was not good for flying the weather conditions were not favourable flying was cancelled for the day. We meet up at the café and headed back to camp for a lazy day. Although not good for flying, the sun was booming. Matt friging started and within minutes we had a shower hooked up to a tree powered by 12v from the van, I got the call to come and have a look, matt was under his own made shower , all a little sceptical decided to take the plunge, so dove out , I washed down, felt great. Success (friging approved again). Late evening retired to the camp bar which has a name “Hirario” not knowing Monday is a day of rest and the bar was shut we started our way back to camp but lovely Maria one of the owners of the campsite opened up and catered to our needs. Feeling for Matt as he hasn’t been ale to fly, so lets hope tomorrow is the day.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.342s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0596s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb