Avila Day out


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León » Ávila
June 19th 2007
Published: June 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Not the sound of the alarm clock , matt jumped up to look outside , pouring with rain, quick decision looking across to all the other pilot staying , with there necks stretched to the heavens , yep unanimous decision by all , back under the duvet. Resurfacing round 11am the dreaded thought I was running out of clean clothes again, this time armed with back up Matt was given the induction session to the “good old days” although one to see positives you do get a great suntan while slaving away.
Felling the need for more discovering the sun was shining upon us so we made our way to Avila a much larger Spanish town 72kms form camp. Arriving at 5pm to a city that was fortified by a spectacular wall. We had a look around the shops we were a little early as they shops usually reopen from 6pm onwards. The shops were a nice change from the usual high street shops. By 6.30pm the locals were gathering. A beautiful sense of “chill “ was scene on the city square with all the small kids were brought to play , running around and enjoying the lasting sunlight, the time was 8.15pm. A start contrast to out ways of living that most parents are pulling out there hair by now and wanting their little monsters tucked up in bed.
Had a meal in Avila, headed home , the skies were darkening , the rain approaching again usually I love the rain , but I was scathing knowing all our hard yaka earlier this morning the clean undies I was hoping to wear, were getting there “final rinse cycle” buy natural means. Oh well there are many ways and means to get undies to last for several days.
My back is not so good today giving me a bit of pain why hadn’t I arranged to bring my entourage of Physios with me - wonder if they will do a home visit?


Advertisement



Tot: 0.224s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb