Almansa


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Alicante
November 10th 2009
Published: November 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We got up had bfast and went to the Castile santa Barbara the oldest parts of it where 11th century and it had been extended and re built on a few times after that. There was a lift added in the 60tys so we did not have to walk up the stairs. It had a fantastic view of the city and was free to get into. They were doing work on it while we were there. They seem to be removing some of the newer additions to it to restore it back to its older state.
We then headed along the coast and saw some great little coastal towns on the Santa Barbara (white sand) coast.
We managed to extend our car lease for an extra day we thought we could just ring up and extend it but they told us we had to go into a office problem was there was no office where we were heading so we headed back to a town we had been to go to the office to find that it was just a car packed in the airport car park and had no one in it so we then went back to another town and we found them at that airport but after going back 130 km we did not have time to go to the town we wanted to so we decide to head back towards Madrid by a different road that went though the towns.
We found a fantastic all towns called Amanas and we drove around all looked at the streets and old buildings and swathe casle light up at night and found a little hotel TRH. We had dinner in there restaurant it was a fantastic meal for 27.18 eu including wine for the two of us.




Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb