Day 9 13/4/12 Estella - Torres del Rio 30km (leg massage)


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Navarre
May 1st 2012
Published: May 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Started the day at about 7am with a very steep road to climb. Its always good to start the day with a climb as the mornings are always cold and what better way to get the heart started.

Came across a wire fence that people make crosses out of sticks and put on the fence. It goes for quite a way.....Met Pep at lunch time and he walked with us for the rest of the day. On some of the road signs there is a little black ant. I am not sure why so I gave Pep some homework to do......find out why the ant is there.....havent had a answer to the question yet.

Walked to Torres del Rio which is 8ks further than we had planned....It was a very long extra 8km was good to get there it was a big day 30k's....

The albergue we stayed in was quite good...... got some washing done and they had one of those massage machines...put 2 eur in and it massages my calves and feet.....hurts but it feels good after. A lot of the places have them.

After showers the three of us walked around and found a little bar called Lilli so decided to go have a couple of drinks and a meal........Met with some people Pep had come across earlier in the walk and went and had tea. Had the pilgrim menu...some cook it great some are ordinary....this was a good one.

In bed by 9.30 ....had been a long day...Pep partyed on


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0694s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb