Day 8 12/4/12 Puente La Reina - Estella 23km (purple room)


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Navarre » Estella
April 29th 2012
Published: April 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Started walking at about 8am. It was a hard day. Weather cold. Tendons on my right foot quite sore and hard walking. Met Pep along the way just to say hello, he had found a couple of younger girls to walk with so we got the brush off....Thats fine am sure he had a good day. Met with Thomas and walked with him for a while but he got a head of us. Hope I see him again he owes me a beer.

Found a very old church dating back to the 13th century. The door was opened so we went to explore and found places where people had written down messages and prayers and left. Just amazing the age of the church and the fact that it just stands all alone on a hill. I left a message there for Luke. Had not long heard about the awful tragedy. Have spent a bit of time thinking about them all.

We got into Estella after what seemed like a very long day. Was only 23km but my foot was hurting so added to it. Walked past the first Alburge....looked a bit shifty....second had a strange looking guy coming out of it so passed that one....funny thing I happened to sleep in the same room as the funny looking guy a couple of nights later....thats the way it goes....went to the third up a hill...run for the handicapped...It was no longer running.... went to the fourth up another hill.... yes she had beds but she was also hosting a whole heap of teenagers....went to the fifth one and last....that was a indoor soccor club and the had a purple room with no windows one door and about 20 beds.....pilgrims must not complain says Jacqui so I didnt....but decided that we werent going to eat there.....went for a walk around town for something to eat......no luck so back to the purple room and ate their food....Hmmm a very weak gruelly soup chicken and soggy chips and a bottle of red...pilgrims must not complain....and I didnt.... but all we wanted to do was go to sleep, so we could wake up and start a new day walking away from the purple room. Went to sleep to start another day....


Additional photos below
Photos: 46, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



13th June 2012

Loving the extra pics..... course I think all the REALLY good ones might be mine :-D

Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0606s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb