Torres del Rio to Logrono


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » La Rioja » Logroño
September 6th 2017
Published: September 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post



Torres del Rio to Logrono:
Today was going to be a short day at just over 20 kilometers. We were up before 6am and out the door just before 7. Last night the Danish lady, Kirsten, told us she was going her own way tomorrow. She is planning on completing her Camino in only 30 days and we are shooting for 34. We knew the first stop for breakfast was 10 kilometers away at Viana, but we decided to go for it. It was a bit long, but not too hard. We stopped at the first place with outside chairs (so we could take off our shoes) called La Taverns to eat breakfast. I had the usual tortilla and cafe con leche, this time with ham and cheese.

The next town would Logrono, just over 9 kilometers. There was a little roadside rest stop, and even though we didn't want any refreshments, I stopped briefly to massage my right thigh. I have had a pinched nerve there as long as I can remember, and it decided to remind me it was still there. A few minutes later I was ready to go on. We reached Logrono and the municipal albergue around noon, but didn't open until 1pm, so we put our packs in line, and took off our shoes and socks to soak our feet in the little pool.

Around one, they opened the albergue and we checked in, stowed our gear and went looking for someplace to eat lunch. We ended up at a little, cafe next to Cafe Moderno, thinking it was the same place. Oh well, the waiters were very anxious for our business, explaining all the different dishes they had. Theysh failed to mention however that there was a surcharge for sitting outside. I had a dish with mushrooms, fried eggs, and fries. It was pretty good but the mushrooms were a bit chewy. After lunch, we returned to the albergue to shower and chill. We are going out for dinner at 7pm and then I am going to try to call my wife, so I'm going to post tonight's blog before. Tomorrow we will be trying for a longer day of 29 kilometers to Najera, then we will be on a 34 day schedule to Santiago.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.347s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 13; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1758s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb