Short Day


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Galicia
October 14th 2014
Published: October 14th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The wind was very keen when we commenced walking today. There was the option of two tracks, we began on one, but i wasn't sure it was the right one; we asked a fellow hiker, he assured us it was. However, the further we went the less sure i was, but i didn't say anything; that is until Roger injured his leg - either pulled a muscle or tendon.

it was amazing to see God at work, because as we walked on what i believed to be the wrong track we met 4 aussies, one a doctor, one an anethistist, one with a Doctorate, one a teacher. The 2 doctors were able to examine Roger leg, and give him some medication. They left we walked slowly on, had breakfast, then caught a taxi to our next hotel.

On entering the hotel we met a lady we had met before, her husband is an Othopedic specialist from Australia. They were in the room next door to ours, so Roger has had specialist advice on his leg, told to rest it, given stronger medication, and on the way to recovery. Isn't God so very good.

it was the opposite track to what we were supposed to be on, but God could see a need we would have, and kept my mouth shut.

The day is just beautiful, sun is shining, the scenery gets better & better (only a few photos). I am soldering on; the shin splint became sore again after y'days downhill jaunt, but the cream seems to calm it each night. I have lost some weight; I have no more holes in my belt, but most weight liss seems to be intge legs & thighs.

We are fast approaching the end, and the pilgrims numbers are building up as we were told they would. We are in the city of Sarria (71.6 miles, 115.2kms); for those who walk over 100 miles they get a certificate, that is why the build up. Bus loads of pilgrims begin from here; the closer we get the busier the paths.

i'm about ready to exchange hiking gear for something a little more colorful, ready for a nice home shower, a good dinner (maybe at the English Pub), a comfortable pair of sneekers. However, they are a little way off, so i like to envision them. Until then i thank God for each of you & your encouragement & support, thanks also for the cheeky comments about some of my statements; it brings a smile to my face. Until next blog, keep smiling.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



14th October 2014
P1050247

Nearly there!
G'day Daryl! Just want to say how impressed we are with your 'running the race to the end'! Or walking it, even!! What an achievement! We are a bit worried, tho, that you will lose so much weight that you will become a shadow of your former self . . . and we may not recognise you ever again!! Just joking!! Praying for you and Roger, for strength to finish, and not too much pain! Enjoy those magnificent surroundings as you go. Love, Kev and Liz.
15th October 2014
P1050247

Blessing
Great to hear from you, what an inspiration to know you are there. Not sure I will fade away that much, but have dropped a couple of kilos . We didn't show you the cream puff & jelly slice we ate. Love rhe new car. Sorry I missed buying the block behind. Love to you both. D
15th October 2014

God is good...
what an amazing answer to prayer. No more taxis now.
15th October 2014

Traveling On
Thanks Bob, Roger is resting today, and should be back on the trail tomorrow. Thanks for your interest in our journey.
15th October 2014

It just keeps getting better!
Daryl, Thank you again for sharing this adventure with us. I am blown away by the beauty of the country side and the incredible stories of fellowship you get to experience with other pilgrims and the locals. I am excited for you and Roger as you near the end of this journey! Prayers of healing and blessings for both of you.
16th October 2014

Awesome Blog
Read your entire blog today, so interesting and the pictures are beautiful. Gods speed to you and Roger, what an amazing journey. Was reading Matthew 4 today and thought of your adventure, many great men of God were proven in the wilderness!
16th October 2014

Glad you like it.
Hi Melinda, so pleased you are able to get my blog. God has blessed us in many ways, especially through friends like yourself. Every blessing. C U soon. D

Tot: 0.22s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb