THE GREATEST CITY ON EARTH


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid
September 21st 2006
Published: September 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone....i miss you so much.... and i haven´t figured out how to use the exclamation mark on this spanish keyboard so i apologize if there is any lack of enthusiasm here haha. our experience so far has been great. we got to our hostel which is simply fabulous....no wonder it was voted number 1 two years ago and was ranked 7th last year. it´s so cute... go to this page to see pix and info about it



we went to el corte ingles to check out the shopping scene. it´s unbelievable... our hostel is right in what i´d like to think of the times square or broadway in nyc. we´re right next to the theater where mamma mia is playing and los productores aka the producers is a half block down...we have a balcony on the 8th floor overlooking everything...i have to take pictures because you all at home have no idea what kind of beauty lies all around me. must write later.... leave me comments and i miss you like crazy.

edit: last nite we got all dressed up and went out to a bar and place with bocadillos... i´ve had jamon serrano twice...that´s like all i´ve eaten...and for those of you who don´t know spanish it´s basically a sandwich on good white bread with ham, a sort of swiss cheese that is melted, and sometimes tomato. i had a beer at te and cafe near el corte ingles too. i also bought 3 pair of earrings that were around 4 bucks each and they are so cute...this was at a market in plaza de espana...they had art and jewelry from countries all over the world... a sort of international fair. we went to chueca last nite and also to a cafe there that i cannot recall the name of it. sharon and wes had a cafe bom bon which is espresso and chocolate and april had a beer... i didn´t have anything because i felt so sick at this point. i took a cab home alone.... it wasn´t too far from the plaza de chueca where we were at...the cab driver was really nice..and in the five minutes of a ride, we had a decent conversation...all of which i understood. also...i did buy sangria for the equivalent of 2 dollars at the grocery store so that should last a while... today is another beautiful day and i need to do something... sharon and wes went to the airport because one of sharons suitcases did not arrive with us sadly...and april is passed out trying to get out of that jetlag phase that i suffered through last nite.

love from spain,
theresa

p.s. sorry for the randomness of this blog... i´m trying to get as much info out in a short time. okay byeeeee

Advertisement



22nd September 2006

!!!!!!!!
Oh T, I wish I was there. It sounds like such a fun place to be. Are you gonna see both of those shows??

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb