España: Land of Toros and Tapas


Advertisement
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid
June 5th 2006
Published: July 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello Everyone! The Kingdom of Spain (the official name) was our next destination after the great time we had in Paris, and Madrid - our first stop in Spain - was a great introduction to the country. They had “good eats” (Calamari sandwiches are very popular), friendly people, great museums, and bullfights. We took an overnight train there and shortly after we found our hostel and settled i... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

The sea of rooftops in CuencaThe sea of rooftops in Cuenca
The sea of rooftops in Cuenca

Looks like a hell of a job for the postman!
Where the streets have no name...Where the streets have no name...
Where the streets have no name...

Cuenca had many small streets, but not too many with signs!
Heather out on the quitet town...Heather out on the quitet town...
Heather out on the quitet town...

Cuenca didn't have much of a typical Spanish night-life, but it was a nice change.



27th June 2006

It's not easy being green...
Hi! I'm sure I'd be green, too. Rick Steves reviewed a bullfight on one of his programs and that (plus your photos) are as close as I need to be. But the views of the hanging houses and the "fancy" post office are great! On-on!
28th June 2006

Damn Looney Tunes!
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who was duped by Looney Tunes! I only recently found out what really happens at a bullfight and I don't think I ever want to see one :S Keep up the fabulous blogs! - Katei (The Wondering Wanderers)
28th June 2006

To la Senorita
Heather, what are you doing out on that ledge without a rope? I guess travel suits you, because you look lovely in the photos (with one exception). In need hug, Dad.
28th June 2006

Ole
Keep up the blogs. They are great to read.
28th June 2006

who are those guys?
who are those guys? heather, what's going on? are you scoring ben some free drinks? man, i would be so jealous if fred started chumming up to a group of guys in a bar. i definetly would not be able to take a picture of the scene. enjoy your travels! you're missing out on some freaky weather back here. ps: bring me back a red clansman please.
28th June 2006

Cool stuff as usual guys! I am still in awe at all the things you have done and are still doing...it is all so amazing! Keep on truckin' ! :)
29th June 2006

Saudações
Olá hispanos, como vão? Cuidado com os touros... espero que não se machuquem! Boa vigem e até a próxima!!! Por favor, naõ comprem aqueles santinhos, eles aõ muito féios...

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb