A short stop in Madrid


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
October 3rd 2008
Published: December 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

We were up very early to catch a cab to the train station and arrived in plenty of time. The train ride was very smooth and did not seem to be travelling particularly fast for a ‘High Speed’ train. The cab driver in Madrid was very friendly and made quite an effort to get us as close as possible to our hotel which was on a pedestrian-only street. All of the can drivers in Madrid seemed to be exceptionally helpful. Our hotel (Best Western Hotel Carlos V) had a beautiful balcony overlooking the square which made us regret that we were only here for one night. We had a short rest then picked a nice long walking tour out of the guide book and headed out. We covered a remarkable area before noon then stopped for lunch in one of the very expensive little restaurants in Plaza Mayor. $50US for some small bits of cheese and ham on a sliced baguette and a coke. Ouch! After a short rest back at our hotel we finished the walking tour and started another one but by then our legs were starting to give out. We found a nice little place called the Miau Restaurant where we stuffed ourselves with Chorizo, Calamari and Salad.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0197s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb