Seville


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Seville
October 1st 2008
Published: December 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday Oct 1



We had a nice breakfast this morning and took our last walk around Vejer. We found a very nice bookstore and picked up a few novels set in Southern Spain. While walking we discovered a beautiful vista that we somehow managed to miss so far.

After lunch we headed out on our drive to Seville. Barb did a wonderful job of navigating getting us to within a few block of our hotel without a single missed turn. Then we had to find parking!!! Well we drove around and around, up and down narrow on-way streets, back on the motorway, off the motorway, back into the narrow streets with no parking to be found anywhere. At one point the traffic in one of the narrow streets stopped and we noticed people starting to get out of there cars and mill around. Barb got out and walked ahead to see what the problem was and it was a stalled car in the middle of the one-lane road. We thought we would be there forever. Finally about 6 guys went up to the car, grabbed it from each side and proceeded to bounce it out of the way. We thought that was hilarious. Within a few minutes we were moving again. Still no parking to be seen. Eventually I saw a Hospital sign and followed it to the underground hospital parking from where we took a cab to the hotel. Expensive but we could find no other options.

Out Hotel was the Hotel Petit Palace Canalejas. Very tiny but with modern, clean rooms and a laptop in each room. After getting settled we went for a walk around the Cathedral area and checked out a pottery shop. We stopped for Tapas and some sangria at a nice little patio near the Cathedral.

Thursday Oct 2



We had a nice sleep in this morning then returned the car to the dealer at the train station. In the afternoon we toured the Alcazaba. Incredibly beautiful. The Moors had the most amazing flare for gardens. We had a nice Paella dinner at a restaurant near our hotel and turned in early in order to get up early for our train ride to Madrid tomorrow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb