Lively Capital at the wrong time, but with great people!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
December 5th 2007
Published: December 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So arrived in Madrid and met my host Gaby!
She was so nice!!! We went out to eat Chinese food...(ok...it wasnt THAT bad....haaaa)
Then she took me out to see the nightlife of Madrid. Unfortunately, it was holiday the next night so people decided NOTto go out!! araghhhh....the night was so dead.........but it was nice seeing Madrid under the luminations and in the dark..haaaa.

then the next day I walked around the city.
Madrid is HUGE! but the old city part is quite small. feels a lot like Vienna building-wise! haaaa...
Saw the Real Palace....the park.....many old buildings...not exactly my style but it was nice.
Really wanna see Riena Sofia Museum...but didnt have enough time and then....saved the money.....haaa..
The tourist map of madrid is the WORST of all cities!!! holy crap. first time getting lost with a map! its so unclear and not user friendly!!!!
Anyways, the city feels nice tho.....very fancy in a way, but a bit more beautiful and friendly feeling.
The whole afternoon is Siesta tho, so many places were closed most of the time...
but good, kept me away from the shopping!!!!!!!! argh......><"



Advertisement



Tot: 0.308s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 67; dbt: 0.1071s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb