Cambrils


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Tarragona
January 18th 2010
Published: January 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Monday 18.1.210 day 96
Cambrils
Today we decided to go to what we had been told by our resort was a little fishing village close to our hotel. We drove though the village but it seemed more like a tourist destination about 10% of the ships in the harbor where fishing boats the others where luxury sports boats and game fishing boats. The place was full of 4 and 3 star hotels and the beach front was full of upmarket restaurants with seating all along the beach front. We drove along the beach front and too our surprise came across out town it turned out that the two towns are next to one another. We then keep going and drove by the coast to Tarragona where we had a look around it coast. Between our town Salou and Tarragona we passed the PortAventura park it is one of the largest in Europe but it is a few miles away from the lots of chemical factories. It was closed for winter so we could not go even if we wanted to. There are a lot of roman sites in Tarragona including the Amphitheatre. It was used for entertainment, including fights between wild beasts and gladiators and public executions. It was built in the 2nd century A.D and underwent alterations in 221 A.D as recorded in the 140 meter inscription that crowns the podium, the longest such inscription in the Empire. It is right on the beach with fantastic ocean views. We then went home and had homemade Tappers.



Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0198s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb