Tarragona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Tarragona
January 19th 2010
Published: January 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post


Tuesday 19.1.210 day 97
Tarragona
We went back to Tarragona again and got a Tarragona pass that got us into a lot of the Roman sites for free it was 10€ each but was not worth it the main site I wanted to see was the Roman Circus it was fantastic and very well preserved it cost 3€ to see that and the other sites we got in was the wall but there was a lot of wall you could see without paying for it. The pass also got us in to the Amphitheatre that we had seen from out site the day before and we did not see any more by going inside so it is not worth paying to go into that. We also got to go in to a few houses which were a lot newer then Roman and we would not have went to them without the pass and even after seeing then I would be find in not seeing them. The Roman Circus was the site of horse drawn chariot races, usually between two horse chariots, known as bigae, or four horse chariots, known as quadrigae Tarragona’s circus is one of the best conserved in all the Western world, despite the fact that much of the structure remains hidden under a series of 19th century buildings. We did so much walking that we got home tires but had wild Bore for dinner the first time if have tried Bore and it was fantastic.


Additional photos below
Photos: 100, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0781s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb