Day 3


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Girona
August 25th 2012
Published: August 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Last night we went to bed around 5 in the morning and had to be up at 9. It was a little hard but well worth all the dancing we did in the beautiful forest.

<span> We toured Girona today. First we had a conference on Medieval Spain. After that we traveled to Centro Judio Bonastruc, which is a jewish museum. We had another conference there called the Jews in Girona. There was so much history in this city it was interesting to learn about.

<span> We then visited Medieval Girona. We went to Catedral de Gerona (Gerona Cathedral), Banos Arabes (Public bathrooms which were a lot different than any public bathroom I’ve ever seen), and Muralla. Everything was so beautiful and so different than the more city-like feel where our hotel was located. The detailing of the buildings is incredible. It’s unfortunate that taking pictures can’t even do all the detailing justice.

<span> After all this touring we were all ready for some delicious food. We went to a really nice restaurant where we had many options of what we could get- the only problem was the menu was in Catalan, not Spanish so it took a little while to figure out exactly what we wanted. Once we got our food we were more than satisfied. I had a cod dish with a tomato and garlic, which was amazing. All the food we have eaten has been very typical of Cataluña (the providence of Spain all the cities we have visited so far are in) and very delicious.

<span> After a short siesta back at the hotel we had our third conference of the day. Even though I was ready to fall asleep the entire time, it was actually the most interesting conference of the day. We learned about the Cataluna identity- the language spoken, the flag, the dance, and the human they make- yes human towers. They have competitions of building these towers with 50 or more people and it’s extremely entertaining to watch. Look below for a link to a short video.

<span> We went back to Las Carpetas tonight and in the morning we are headed for Barcelona!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0869s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb