BARCA


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
August 26th 2006
Published: August 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

CathedralCathedralCathedral

Spectacularly unfinished
Sipping Sangria by day, and sculling it by night meant my planned detox and liver cleanse would have to be put on ice until I was out of the fast paced, but ultra cool, Barcelona. A city that would spell the perfect end to five weeks on the road.

Since parting company with Jonesy and the cash strapped other, both Azz and I had shared many of our travelling responsibilities. But, as a general rule - Azz was in charge of movements by day, and (more importantly) I was held responsible for our actions come nightfall. However, on one particular night in Barcelona Azz insisted the nights itinerary include a Flamenco Show. Thats right, you read correctly - a Flamenco Show. An idea, that I intially thought was rather homosexual. Alas, upon gingerly taking my seat, I quickly learnt that it was not so much the high energy of the show that captured my imagination; nor was it the unique talent that these performers possessed; it was more that 90% of the audience was made up of festive female tourists intent on having a good time.

Come morning the beach was again where it was at, and dark-lensed glasses
Azz in his PurchaseAzz in his PurchaseAzz in his Purchase

Me with Azz and his purcahse
were a mans best friend - not only to hide the weary eye, but the wandering one as well.

Be it lazing around the waterfront, or travelling from one side of the city to the other via Cable Car. Shopping in boutique heaven, to winding your way up the Las Rambles by night. Barcelona was very cool. In fact, it was one wild party that could have gone on for much longer. But with funds low, and school about to go back in, it was time to return home... only this time to London.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

FlamencoFlamenco
Flamenco

Heterosexually sound
HeyHey
Hey

Work this one out
Ronaldin-whoRonaldin-who
Ronaldin-who

Azz's £120 Barcelona purchase... random.
Olympia 1992Olympia 1992
Olympia 1992

Which wasn't that impressive


Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0832s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb