Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
June 2nd 2012
Published: June 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We moved south heading for Barcelona, our troubles over, and gradually the sun came out and our holiday proper can now start afresh with no hic-cups.

Alas, Terry managed to run the caravan against a kerb at a petrol station and it looked bad as the kerb had hit the caravan mover and bent it.

We stopped the night at a pleasant campsite at Villafranca near Zaragozza. However, it was in a depressing town with desert around and what appeared to be no shops or bars. Why people would want to go on holiday there (which they did) is beyond us.



We are now used to getting up and out with the best of them and next day we were breakfasted, showered, hitched up and on our way to Barcelona before midday!



As we had 250 miles to do, we decided to go on the toll roads, but that was our next shock as it cost £40 to Barcelona.



Great campsite at Barcelona, the Tres Estrellas. Right on a beautiful beach and with a bus every 20 minutes into Barcelona for only €2 ea.



Opposite was a
Maybe Not!Maybe Not!Maybe Not!

It seems a little complicated.
caravan repair place so we enquired about an off side caravan mover. Eventually the price came back at £609 as they could only sell us a complete kit for both sides. After checking Internet prices in the UK it seemed cheap. Maybe we could have found somewhere selling just the off side in France or the UK, but maybe not. So after much thinking we bit the bullet had the off side one replaced and will try to sell a near side caravan mover when we return home.



Barcelona brought back many memories and we thought that maybe Gaudi's Cathedral, La Sagrada Familia, would be finished, some hope, they say it should be another 30 years.



We walked and walked ending up on La Rambla and watched an American thinking he could win a matchbox version of 'Find the Lady'. We could not believe that he was about to bet €50 when 4 burly 'tourists' caught hold of him and the trickster, and showed their police identities. Trickster was carted away, however, it seemed that the American was just being given a warning, a lucky escape for him either way, he would never have seen his €50 again.



Back home to the campsite to be followed by two days sunbathing for Michelle whilst we both recovered from our extensive sight seeing.



Next we set off for France (not on toll roads) but our Spanish luck had one more blow to deal when a stone thrown up from a truck cracked our windscreen!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

A Holiday Maker.A Holiday Maker.
A Holiday Maker.

Barcelona Beach
Gaudi's Cathedral SideGaudi's Cathedral Side
Gaudi's Cathedral Side

Surely Guadi would not have wanted it to have glass sides. It has ruined this view.


Tot: 0.312s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0835s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb