Hola from Barcelona!!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
September 9th 2010
Published: September 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hola! Here we are in BCN and loving it! We had a very long day of travel and now a couple days here in BCN exploring this beautiful city! Such a grand mixture of medieval and modernista architecture.

Our first day we took a double decker tourist bus all over the city, what a great way to get your bearings in a large city. It was fun to ride on the top of the bus, but we did run into a freak monsoon and had to retreat underneath, and our camera battery died...so not many pics from our first day in BCN.

Our second day we decided to experience one of BCN's most famous and beloved architect's masterpieces: Antoni Gaudi's Sagrada Familia, Casa Batllo, and Parc Guell. Gaudi is amazing to us, his inspiration is nature which you can see clearly in his work. We were in awe of Sagrada Familia, a church that he started construction on in 1882 that is not yet finished, plans to be finished in 2030. This church is not like anything we've seen; it is considered the 8th wonder of the world. Casa Batllo was also really beautiful, a home in the Eixample neighborhood that Gaudi built.

We are now off to experience the Barri Gothic neighborhood and later on to Montjuic, so stay tuned!


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

The rooftop of Casa BatlloThe rooftop of Casa Batllo
The rooftop of Casa Batllo

You can see that the rooftop was made to resemble dragon scales!
Parc GuellParc Guell
Parc Guell

More artwork from Antoni Gaudi


9th September 2010
Parc Guell

what a glorious city!
NOW THIS looks like the belly of a dragon's den!! GREAT SHOTS!! Thanx for letting me live vicariously!! LOVE LOVE LOVE that Gaudi! ;]

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0327s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb