Wrapping Up


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
April 25th 2010
Published: April 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our trip to wonderful Spain is wrapping up. We took our last stroll down the Ramblas this evening and head to the airport early in the mornking for the long flight home.
Barcelona is a wonderful, crowded city that is easy to navigate-whether by subway, bus or on foot. Over the weekend it seemed the entire population was out strolling around, enjoying the sights, watching other people and just enjoying life. On Saturday we strolled the entire length of the Ramblas. There were bird markets, flower vendors, a wonderful huge open food market, street artists of every imaginable type and TONS of people. We went to the Picasso Museum. Most of the works were from his early period, but there was a great series of works from his later period. The later works were his interpetations of a work of Velasques that we had seen in the Prado Museum in Madrid. Fascinating to have seen both the originals and then Picasso's variations and themes.
Today we started out at the Sagrada Familia, a cathedral designed by Antonio Gaudi. It has been under construction for 130 years! Gaudi's use of shapes from nature and innovations in creating arches has led to a fascinating edifice. You'll need to see the pictures. Today was a Gaudi day as we also visited an apartment building he designed and a park originally concieved as a gated community. Very unusual forms and shapes.
Well, as I wrap up tonights blog, I hope you have enjoyed my descriptions and hope you have gotten a glimpse of this beautiful country and it's warm, friendly people.
We are looking forward to seeing each of you soon.
Hasta luega!
Jim & Pat (Mom & Dad)

Advertisement



25th April 2010

Hi Mom and Dad - It's been great to hear all the wonderful stories and adventures from your trip. I look forward to seeing the pictures (or at least the highlights!). Sounds like a wonderful time all around - looking forward to talking when you're back. Love, Bethany

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb