Day 12 - Valldoreix to El Prat Del Llobrega


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
September 24th 2009
Published: September 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We got up while Jenn was taking Malena to school…also because Jake woke me up to eat! It was time to shuffle the contents of our luggage to make sure none of the bags are overweight and find places for our newly acquired treasures! Since our flight is bright and early tomorrow morning, leaving at 7:15am, we wanted to stay close to the airport, so we booked a hotel for our final evening in Barcelona. Jenn printed us directions to our hotel and we were able to navigate our way there without getting lost!

We headed back into Barcelona for our last dinner. Brian wanted to have paella at a recommended restaurant called Can Majo. Jenn also printed us the directions to and from the restaurant...it was a little tricky finding the restaurant by car, so we parked close by and navigated our way by foot. We also wanted to pick up a Herbs de Provence grinder we had seen a few days back, but the store had been closed due to siesta time. We got there just in time, they were closing up shop while we got there! While wandering around we also wandered into a store called Desigual. They have very funky clothing, I bought a skirt...it is very cute, but not as cool as the coat that I wanted. The coat was $240 euros approx. $360 dollars, I just couldn't part with that kind of cash. Damn weak dollar!!! I may try to buy a all black coat at Marshall's and try to embellish it to look like the beautiful coat.

We found our way to Can Majo and barely got in because we didn't have a reservation. We were there at 8:45pm which is on the earlier side of dinner in Spain. There were still tables when we got there, but by 9:30pm the outdoor patio was full! We had the seafood paella...very nice presentation...but no photo because of the lost camera and all. Thanks Jenn for the use of your camera when we were with you! Jake fell asleep as we were walking to the restaurant and slept through the entire dinner...YAY! He was an angel on our vacation....we couldn't have asked for a more well behaved baby!

We went back to our hotel and made sure our 3 alarms were working, so we could wake up at 4:45pm for our 7:15 am flight. The trip home went well, again Jake was an angel. He slept a lot on the plane, but was very good while he was awake. We had his monitor on Paddington Bear...he liked watching it even though there was no sound.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb