Barcelona (Take 1)


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
June 14th 2009
Published: June 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Got to Barcelona to find out we scored big time with the accomodation. Ended up with a brand new apartment (as big as our house) for 39 Euro a night...fantastic.

First night we wandered down to the main street near our apartment to find some dinner. Found what looked like a dodgey little cafe and had an awesome meal of tapas and paella followed up with a couple of litres of Sangria all for a measly 30 Euro (after France that was a godsend to the wallet :-))

The next day we didnt feel like doing much so wandered up to the roof top pool area and layed in the sun and went for a swim for a coupleof hours, trying to bake the flu out of Bek...worked to an extent.

After that we went down to try and find the Travellers Bar just of La Rambla for our Spanish cooking class (and Sangria drinking class). So we found the place with relative ease, waited around till 6pm, no one was congregating for the class, so we asked the barman who then informed us that it was only on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday night, NOT everynight like the Busabout people said....ARGH!!!!!! So we went and found an all you can eat tapas place. After 3 courses of Tapas (not including any of the good stuff like octopus or squid or croquettes or anything) we stopped getting served. The table next to us (from Adelaide) kept getting their meals, so we asked for more and the waiter said it was on its way. After a couple more proddings we were still getting very hungry, so after 45min Bek lost it at the waiter who suddenly forgot how to speak english so had to find someone who could. After a bit of arguing we get the point that we had to go and order more tapas from the Bar (even though they never mentioned that before) and they would give us a free jug of Sangria to calm us down so all in all we were happy.

Tomorrow its off to Lloret de Mar for HTID which should be interesting.

Ciao

John and Bek

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb