Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
September 9th 2008
Published: September 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Barcelona feeling a little worse for wear after our time in Ibiza but we made our way toward our hostel in the searing heat! No sooner had we arrived at the station at Las Ramblas, we had our first run in with a pickpocket! Rob could feel something and he turned around to see this girl with her hands on his wallet. They are so brazen! After that we kept our belongings in a tight grip!

The hostel we stayed was in the Gothic Quarter and Rob actually stayed there last time he was here. The place was cool but being in a 14 bed dorm meant again - we didn't get much sleep!

The next day we decided to cram in as much as we could into our day - so we set off early and headed toward the funicular railway, we caught it up to the Castell and then walked toward the site of the Olympic Stadium. We made our way back down on foot and then caught the train to Sagrada Familia, it is truly breathtaking! Taking pictures of it really doesn't do it justice, it is so intricate in design and to think it is still a piece of art in progress!

After lunch we then headed to a park and saw more of Gaudi's work before heading down to the beach for some more sun!

We realised after this big day that we hadn't organised any transport or accommodation for the rest of our trip and considering it was high season and last minute the anxiety started to rise!

We soon realised the only train we could get to our next destination was at 7am so we booked it and attempted to get an early night before our early transit to Alicante!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.234s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb