33rd Day: Madrid - Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
July 5th 2008
Published: July 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today we travelled to Barcelona. Most of the day was spent on the bus.

We got into Barcelona mid afternoon and headed straight to the hotel. Mum and I went for a walk around the hotel but it was way too hot to do much of a walk.

In the evening we went to a buffet dinner and a flamenco show. It was in the main centre of Barcelona and being a Saturday night the area was really busy but Luigi said that no matter when you go to that particular area it is always busy.

The dinner was OK. Nothing much grabbed me but we sat with Theresa and Jim and I really love them - Theresa is Maltese and is so lovely and has a great sense of humour which she has to have because Jim is always cracking jokes. They are from Melbourne.

The flamenco show itself was a bit weird. Mum and i got the impression that the dancers and musicians were taking the piss. It was not at all what we expected. It seemed as though it was improvised or something and the performing get laughing amongst themselves and Mum and I may be paranoid but it felt like thez were laughing at us, 'the tourists'. There was no narration and everyything was in Spanish so we had no idea what was going on. Mum went to a flamenco show back in Manly and she thought that one was better!
There was also this one male dancer that was really good but he looked sooo sleayz and whenever he was on stage Mum and I kept cracking up. It was funny.

After dinner we were back on the coach and at the hotel in no time. Mum spent some time down in the bar with other people on the tour but I just headed to bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.032s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb